Remote Education Resources
Parents / Carers / School Community,
In light of the COVID-19 global pandemic and the impact this has had on children’s education, all schools have been asked by the Department for Education to develop remote education for our students.
Our school, like many others, has worked on developing a platform to deliver this blended learning, so that our students can access work even if they are unable to attend school.
Please see below for details how your child can access our school’s remote learning offer.
Please refer to the letter you have received from school, with your child’s username/password for our school’s Google Classroom platform.
The Department for Education has asked all schools to publish to parents / carers, information on our remote education offer to you and your child.
Please click on the document where your child attends, for further information.
- Remote Education – Information – Fazakerley
- Remote Education – Information – Mill Road
- Remote Education – Information – LEEP
Education catch-up for your child
The Department for Education (DfE) is supporting catch-up programmes and fun activities for all children and young people in England.
Please see the link below to the government’s education catch-up website:
We want to minimise the impact COVID-19 will have on your child’s learning. In addition to the resources we provide, we have put together this bank of ideas to ensure your child will continue learning and building on their understanding whilst being away from school.
As you can see, not all approaches have to be digital.
Please note that the external content below has not been quality assured by the school.
Resources To Support Families During Social Distancing and Self-Isolation
About Coronavirus in Liverpool
For up to date information on what coronavirus means for Liverpool, what plans are being put in place to keep people healthy and how local organisations are working together please visit Liverpool City Council’s Covid Liverpool page
Mind Healthy @ Home Booklet
A booklet for families from Liverpool Mental Health Support Teams, and city partners as part of Liverpool’s Whole School Approach to Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing. Inside this book are a few tips, activities and useful information to help you to keep yourself and your family emotionally healthy at home.
Supporting Children’s Mental Health During Social Distancing / Self-Isolation
A Whole School Approach to Mental Health resource collection to help adults support children and young people during this period.
A web bank of book-based creative activities (reading/writing/illustration) from Liverpool Learning Partnership appropriate for primary aged pupils.
A web bank of book-based creative activities (reading/writing/illustration) from Liverpool Learning Partnership for secondary aged pupils.
Culturepool, a resource for teachers and education professionals working with young people from Liverpool Cultural Education Partnership, features digital and online creative resources that schools and families can access.
Home Learning Resources from the Primary Team at School Improvement Liverpool
The resource banks from our last Liverpool Maths Party include creative ideas for EYFS, primary and secondary aged pupils relating to maths.
- A detailed collection of learning resources, signposted by School Improvement Liverpool. A good place to start. This resource is expanding as more resources are provided.
- Oak National Academy – A comprehensive resource, for primary and secondary age. Structured into different subject ‘lessons’.
- Researchify – A curriculum research tool for children where every result is relevant and readable
- Advice for parents / carers
- Twinkl Parents Hub
- BBC Bitesize
- YouTube Education
- Ideas for social distancing / being at home with children
- Home Learning Resources List for Schools and Families – Comprehensive List
- Home learning links and ideas
- The family lockdown guide: how to emotionally prepare for coronavirus quarantine
- Keeping your Kids Busy During a Lockdown via Forbes
- Handwriting Improvement For Kids
- Khan Academy
- Beast Academy (Maths)
- Creative Bug
- Discovery Education
- Crash Course Kids
- Science Channel
- SciShow Kids
- National Geographic Kids
- Free School
- Geography Focus
- Kids Learning Tube
- Geek Gurl Diaries
- Mike Likes Science
- Science Max
COVID-19 Parenting Blog
The blog covers the following areas:
- Local Organisation Support – CAMHS
- Top Tips
- Parenting Guides
- Pregnant or New Mums
- Home Learning
- Museums and Places to visit online
- Make Time To Play
- Ideas for Playing Together
- Six ways to maintain a routine
- Managing your own Wellbeing
- Employment Opportunities
Liverpool Year of Reading
School Improvement Liverpool (SIL) Safeguarding
- SIL Safeguarding (Twitter)
- A free book about Coronavirus for children – illustrated by the wonderful Axel Scheffler
- UK Government online educational resources