Dear Parents / Carers,


Please see below the information shared with the school, relating to Liverpool Citizens Support Scheme.



Liverpool Citizens Support Scheme


If you find yourself in crisis you can apply for support to get food and basic necessities for you and your family including gas and electric vouchers (urgent needs) and furniture and household essentials (home needs).

An emergency or crisis might be a fire or flood, or you have had to move due to violence or fear of violence, or you are leaving care or prison and need support to stay in the community.

Am I eligible for support?

If you live in Liverpool or you’re moving to the area, you can apply for support if you are over 16 and unemployed or on a low income, or receive any of the following benefits:

  • Income Support
  • Income Based Job Seekers Allowance (JSA)
  • Income related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Pension Credit (Guarantee Credit only)
  • Tax Credits
  • Personal Independence Payments
  • Universal CreditHow to apply

Call Freephone 0800 456 1523 or 0151 233 3053 Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.

You will need to confirm your identity and address and we will get in touch with you if we need further information to support your application. Funding for the scheme is limited and we need to consider the number of people applying for help and what funds are available.

How many times can I apply for a home needs or urgent needs award?

There is normally a limit of two awards in a 12-month period following the date you receive your first award.

If you receive a home needs and urgent needs award as part of your first application, this counts as one award.

However, we know that additional problems or crises occur and in special circumstances, we may consider making another award.

What happens next?

Where possible, we will let you know our decision within two working days for urgent needs and 15 working days for home needs. If we need more information it may take longer.

If you are unhappy with our decision you can ask for a review by emailing or write to Liverpool Citizen Support Scheme, Revenues and Benefits Service, Cunard Building, Water Street, L3 1AH.

You can also call the Freephone helpline on 0800 456 1523 or 0151 233 3053 Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.

How will I receive an award?

Urgent needs

We will email or text you a voucher or you can collect it from any One Stop Shop if you don’t have a mobile or email.

We give paper Energy vouchers for fuel costs.

You can cash in the vouchers at PayPoint outlets across the city.